Imagine starting your trading journey. You have a super positive mindset and you’re excited to learn and succeed.
You keep learning and improving your craft, and you keep seeing positive results coming your way.
You have profits. You feel great!
You have a good number of robust strategies and your equity curve is looking smooth.
But all of a sudden… you feel like you’ve been hit by a hurricane.
Your trades start losing, and you feel devastated.
You’ve done everything according to trading “protocol”, but you feel stuck and don’t know what went wrong.
You lose hope and label yourself a “losing trader”.
That’s exactly what happened to Domenico – a very driven and hardworking trader that faced a couple of rough months.
The good news is… nothing is lost. This is completely normal.
So, how can Domenico or anyone else in this position move on from this unfortunate situation?
Here’s what you’ll discover in this episode:
- What to expect when going through a losing streak and how to deal with it long-term,
- What mistakes you could be making in your testing procedures that could influence your losing streak,
- How you can have a more realistic picture of how your trades will perform,
- Tomas’s number one advice to help you get past the negative “losing streak” mindset and move forward,
- Plus, much more!
“Trading is a profession where we will be students our entire lives. There's always more to learn, always more to study.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “We need to increase diversification to smooth out our equity and reduce position size.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “A very good way to smooth the equity curve is through dynamic position sizing.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “Your self-esteem as a trader needs to be based on long term perspective.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet
– If you’d like to learn more about the Breakout Strategies Masterclass, you can grab more info here.
Do you have any trading questions you’d like answered? Submit them here, and we may cover them in a future episode!