Most traders love “tinkering”.
We’re always looking for the next problem to fix, the next idea to try out, the next thing to learn and tweak.
In our trading journeys, we can become obsessed with understanding every single detail that a lot of the time has no relevance to our progress.
We can become so occupied with artificial problems that we’re not making space for what truly matters… live trading!
It’s great to be curious and keep wanting to learn, but when it starts delaying our progress it can become extremely DANGEROUS to our trading success.
In this podcast episode, here’s what you’ll discover:
- The #1 reason why traders can’t relax and keep making mistakes prematurely,
- How not taking the time to take a step back and observe could damage your trading,
- How social conditioning is leading you to have the wrong trading mindset,
- How to find the balance between “doing” and “relaxing”,
- And much more!
“We don’t know how to relax. We’re very conditioned for the need to achieve and complete so you can feel good when you achieve something.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “Don’t be afraid to work on your mental mindset. It’s very crucial and very necessary for trading.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “Switching from developing strategies and portfolio to then moving to live trading is quite an abrupt change and needs a different kind of mindset for each of the two stages.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “One of the reasons why we’re not moving ahead is because we are subconsciously scared of what happens when we are done.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet
– If you’d like to learn more about the Breakout Strategies Masterclass, you can grab more info here.
Do you have any trading questions you’d like answered? Submit them here, and we may cover them in a future episode!
Episode 013: Listener question – “What’s the best software for executing and monitoring strategies?”