Handling drawdowns and losing streaks is one of the biggest challenges traders face.
We say (or think) that we’re ready for them, and that we know what our tolerance is and can handle them… but problems can arise quickly.
Traders often underestimate how long, painful and frustrating drawdowns can actually be.
They can leave us devastated for months…
Or even completely break us…
But believe it or not, drawdowns can actually be a good thing.
In this podcast episode, we discuss drawdowns, how to prepare for them, how to manage them and how to become a better trader because of them. Here’s what you’ll discover:
- Why nobody is really ever ready for drawdowns even if they think they are,
- The number #1 exercise to get psychologically ready for drawdowns before they actually happen,
- Why very rational people, especially, should not ignore this key exercise,
- The hidden benefits of going through actual drawdowns and how they can make you a better trader,
- How your trading journey should be a constant self-optimization process,
- And more additional techniques to minimize and manage drawdowns.
“Besides all the rationality, we also need to prepare ourselves for the longevity of drawdown before they happen.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “On one hand, you need to keep optimising your framework and strategies but on the other, you also need to keep optimising yourself.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet “Emotional and psychological self-discovery is part of the trading journey.” - Tomas Nesnidal Click To Tweet
– If you want to learn more about Market Internals and see a demo of it in action (plus get free
code), get yourself over here.
Do you have any trading questions you’d like answered? Submit them here, and we may cover them in a future episode!